I love a good Cuban sandwich, but since I am on a low-carb diet (which is working splendidly), bread is a no-go for me. So, it was really nice to go to a friend’s house for dinner where she made me this awesome stuffed pork loin that tasted like a Cuban without the bread. Of course, I got the recipe and made it at home, and my hubby and kids loved it.
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper (I like to use Butcher Block pepper for the extra kick!)
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp smoked Paprika
1 1/2 lb pork loin
2 tbsp mustard
4 slices ham
4 slices Swiss cheese
2 sliced dill pickles
1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice the pork loin in half and cut a 1/2 inch deep slice in the center of each and pound until about 1/4 inch thick.
3. Spread mustard on one side of the pork.
4. Layer the ham, Swiss and pickles on top of the mustard.
5. Place other half of the loin on top and tie with cooking twine.
6. Mix the spices together in a small bowl.
7. Drizzle the olive oil on the pork and rub the spice mixture on all sides.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes until cooked through.
This is so yummy. Serve it with a salad or some warm crusty bread if you want. Enjoy!