We love spicy food at my house. This yummy recipe provides all the flavor we want, but with much fewer calories. And it is super easy to make.
1 large head of cauliflower
1/2 diced onion
1 lb. andouille sausage
3 cloves garlic
3 stalks celery
1 red bell pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 tsp thyme
2 cups chicken broth
- Chop cauliflower into florets. Add the florets to a food processor in thirds, and chop until finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Chop the garlic, celery, and bell pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet and add the celery, garlic, and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until tender.
- Chop the sausage and add it to the skillet and cook for about 10 more minutes, until sausage is done. Drain.
- Add the chicken broth, spices, and bay leaf and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 10 more minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a second skillet over medium and then add the cauliflower. Cook through (about 5 minutes).
- Return the cauliflower to the bowl and stir in the meat mixture. Top with the parsley.
This is delicious with some crusty bread! Enjoy!