Labor Day weekend is great for barbecues, and this recipe makes a great side for barbecues. I love the flavor of the roasted corn mixed with the other veggies and spices!
3 ears corn
1 bell pepper
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 bunch green onion
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat some olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet.
- Shuck the corn and roll each ear in the oil.
- Cook, turning occasionally, for about 10-15 minutes until the corn starts to char. Remove to a plate to cool.
4. Seed the bell pepper and jalapeno then chop into small pieces.
5. Chop the green onion and cilantro.
6. Use a sharp knife to remove kernels from the corn and place in a medium bowl.
7. Add the peppers, green onion, and cilantro and toss to mix.
8. Juice the limes into a smaller bowl and mix with the chili powder, salt, and pepper.
9. Pour dressing over the corn and mix together.
10. Refrigerate for at least a half hour to allow flavors to blend.
That’s it! Like I said, it’s super easy and delicious. I hope you had a great Labor Day. Thanks for stopping by.