My local grocery store recently had 10 pound bags of chicken leg quarters on sale for $5.00 so I grabbed a couple and put them in the freezer. I love chicken legs because they can be done so many ways and are easy to cook. This is my recipe for roasted chicken leg quarters.
5 chicken leg quarters
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1. Pour the buttermilk into a bowl and add some salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place the chicken legs in a large resealable plastic bag and pour the buttermilk into the bag.
3. Marinate for 3-4 hours.
4. Mix the seasonings in a small bowl.
5. Remove the chicken legs from the buttermilk and shake off the excess.
6. Place them on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
7. Top each leg with the seasoning rub, allow to sit for 20 minutes.
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes-1 hour.
Serve with your favorite sides! Enjoy!