So as a kid I never liked brussels sprouts and as an adult I’ve avoided making them at home. However, a friend of mine made them as a side for a dinner party we went to and I decided to try some and I LOVED them! Maybe my tastebuds have changed now that I’m an adult, or perhaps it’s just that my nana never made them that way, but this is now one of my favorite side dishes!
2 lbs. brussels sprouts
8 slices bacon
3 garlic cloves, chopped
fresh grated Parmesan
1. Wash and trim the sprouts and place them in a large bowl.
2. Heat some oil in a skillet and cook the garlic until fragrant.
3. Add the bacon to the skillet and cook until cooked through, but not too crispy.
4. Pour the bacon and garlic over the brussels sprouts with about 1 tbsp of the bacon grease.
5. Add some olive oil to the bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste, then toss to coat.
6. Spread the sprouts over a baking pan sprayed with cooking spray or covered with foil.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes until sprouts begin to brown.
8. Sprinkle with Parmesan and cook for 5 minutes more.
This is so yummy, even my kids enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by, have a great week.