I love a good stuffed pepper! I have a couple different recipes for them, spicy, in the crock pot etc, but I wanted to try something different so I threw this together for a change.
2 lbs. lean ground beef
6 bell peppers, seeded and sliced in half
1/2 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 jar spaghetti sauce
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning,plus more for garnish
1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan
1. Cook the garlic and onion in a skillet until soft.
2. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, drain.
3. Add the spaghetti sauce and seasonings, then simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Wash and slice the peppers and bake in the oven at 400 for 10 minutes.
5. Spoon the meat into the pepper halves and top with the Parmesan.
6. Bake for an additional 15 minutes and top with an extra sprinkle of Italian seasoning.