I love Italian food and my Nana used to make some awesome Chicken Parm. However, I remember her recipe was a lot more involved than what I’m used to so I decided to switch things up to make them a little easier.
4 chicken breast cutlets
1/2 cup flour
2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup marinara sauce
some mozzarella to top it off
- Lightly beat the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Place the flour in another shallow bowl.
- In a third bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, and about 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Dip each cutlet into the egg first, then coat with flour. Finally dredge in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the cutlets on the baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Bake at 450 for about 15 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the cutlets from the oven and sprinkle with mozzarella. Return to the oven and bake until cheese melts.
That’s it! I love that I can make this quickly, even on a busy night. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by.