I love a good chicken soup, and I’ve made a ton of variations. This is my favorite.
2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs
1 small onion
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow squash
4 oz. green beans
1 can diced tomatoes
8 oz. tomato sauce
4 oz chopped green chiles
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup cilantro
2 cups chicken stock
1. Chop the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat some oil in a pan and cook vegetables for 2-3 minutes until soft.
3. Combine the chicken, cooked vegetables, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chiles and chicken stock in a crock pot.
4. Stir in the cumin, oregano, lime juice and cilantro.
5. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours.
6. Serve garnished with chopped green onion, jalepeno, crushed tortilla chips, and sour cream as desired.