My hubby loves sweet potatoes and fries. This recipe is a nice combo of the two!
2-3 large sweet potatoes
2 tbsp canola oil
3 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp Mexican chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt
- Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and soak them in a large bowl of water.
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the wedges in a bowl and sprinkle the corn starch on top, toss to coat.
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl.
- Pour the oil on top of the wedges, then add the spices and toss to coat.
- Spray two large baking sheets with cooking spray and spread the wedges in a single layer on each one.
- Bake in oven at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes, then flip wedges and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the are crisp-tender. (I like to bake mine until the edges start to brown because we like ours a little crispy but you can bake until your personal preference).
These make a great side dish for just about anything! Enjoy!