I love a good French Dip sandwich, and sometimes sandwiches are the easiest dinner ever. For this recipe, I used my crock pot to throw together a version of the French Dip at home.
3-4 pound beef roast (whatever is on sale)
1 packet Au Jus
1 packet Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
2 cans beef broth
- Add the broth, Italian seasoning, and Au Jus packet to the crock pot. Stir to mix.
- Add the beef roast to the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the roast from the crock pot and use forks to shred the meat.
- Mix 1 tbsp corn starch with 2 tablespoons water and stir into crock pot. Cook on high for a few minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place open hoagie rolls on a baking sheet and fill each one with shredded beef.
- Place 1-2 slices of provolone on top of each sandwich.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Spoon the sauce from the crock pot into bowls for dipping. Serve with salad, fries, chips etc.
Like I said, super easy and really good! Enjoy!