I am back to vacation and getting back into my normal routine (slowly) after getting done with all the unpacking and laundry and going to the grocery store. It’s hard adjusting back to normal life after a whole week off! The temperatures in the mountains were beautiful so it’s also kind of hard getting back to the regular heat here in Florida. This is our menu for this week:
Monday: Spaghetti (I still wasn’t prepared to really cook)
Tuesday: Stuffed Peppers
Wednesday: Chicken Caprese
Thursday: Buffalo Chicken Salad
Friday: Sausage and Peppers
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week.
Welcome to the end of June! I hope you are enjoying your summer. Here’s our menu for this week:
Monday: Burgers with Sweet Potato Wedges
Tuesday: Chicken Quesadillas
Wednesday: Meatball Casserole
Thursday: Chicken with Yellow Rice
Friday: probably dinner out.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week.
My hubby loves sweet potatoes and fries. This recipe is a nice combo of the two!
2-3 large sweet potatoes
2 tbsp canola oil
3 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp Mexican chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt
- Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and soak them in a large bowl of water.
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the wedges in a bowl and sprinkle the corn starch on top, toss to coat.
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl.
- Pour the oil on top of the wedges, then add the spices and toss to coat.
- Spray two large baking sheets with cooking spray and spread the wedges in a single layer on each one.
- Bake in oven at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes, then flip wedges and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the are crisp-tender. (I like to bake mine until the edges start to brown because we like ours a little crispy but you can bake until your personal preference).
These make a great side dish for just about anything! Enjoy!
Hello! I hope your summer is off to a great start! We are enjoying the warm weather and sunshine here! This is our menu for the week:
Monday: Citrus Steak
Tuesday: Chicken and Balsamic Veggies
Wednesday: Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas
Thursday: Pork Verde
Friday: Probably Pizza!
Thanks for stopping by for Menu Plan Monday. Have a great week.
Happy Summer! Now that the rain has finally stopped I am looking forward to getting outside and enjoying some sunshine. Last week we broke in our new outdoor kitchen with a barbecue with friends and my hubby loved cooking on his outdoor kitchen. This week I will be cooking mostly indoors though. Here’s our menu:
Monday: Chicken Parm
Tuesday: Spanish Rice (crock pot)
Wednesday: Crunchy Onion Steak
Friday: Dinner out with friends
Thanks for stopping by for Menu Plan Monday. Have a great week!
Happy Memorial Day! We are kicking off our summer with a barbecue with friends today. On our menu: jerk chicken wings cooked three ways (fried, smoked and grilled), burgers, and brats! This is our menu for the rest of the week:
Wednesday: Buffalo Chicken tacos
Thursday: Red Wine seared pork chops
Friday: Shrimp Scampi
Thanks for stopping by for Menu Plan Monday! Have a great week.
My kids love tacos in any form and they are so easy to make. This is one variation that is super easy and yummy!
1 deli rotisserie chicken
1 1/2 cups buffalo wing sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 bunch cilantro
1 cup shredded cheese
1 bunch green onion
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
2. Shred the chicken and it to the skillet.
3. Add the buffalo sauce, chili powder and chicken broth to the skillet.
4. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the sauce cooks down.
5. Meanwhile, chop the avocado, cilantro and green onion.
6. Serve the chicken in the tortillas and top with the cheese, avocado, cilantro and green onion.
This is perfect for a busy night. Just serve it with some beans, rice or salad on the side! Enjoy!