One of my favorite things about the fall season is all the vegetables! While it’s still 90 degrees outside, I love to peruse the fresh produce aisles at the grocery store and check out the new options. This week there was a sale on acorn squash. I’ve already shared my recipe for stuffed squash, but this week I decided to make the squash as a side dish.
1 large acorn squash (for two people, for four people you would need two)
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash the squash and use a sharp knife to chop the squash in half. Scoop out the seeds.
3. Rub the inside of the squash with olive oil.
4. Season the squash with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes with the flesh side up, until sauce begins to soften.
6. Divide the heavy cream between the two halves of the squash and top with the Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the cheese melts and the cream is absorbed and the flesh pricks easily with a fork.
That’s it, enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!